Waxy tapioca starch is a native starch that is clean-label, non-GMO, and gluten-free. It is a high amylopectin starch with excellent functionalities.
Waxy tapioca starch is great for:
- Creating viscous pastes with elastic texture, especially for light melting textures
- Enhancing expansion, crispiness, and mouthfeel
- Stabilizing shelf-life
- Thickening food products – particularly those that undergo large temperature changes during processing
- Retaining water during freezing and thawing of frozen food products
- Acting as an emulsifier for salad dressings
- Creating a glossy and transparent appearance
Waxy tapioca starch properties make it the ideal choice for applications including frozen foods such as noodles and dim sum, low fat yogurt, low fat salad dressing, and bakery products like cheese breads and waffles.
Inquire with us today to learn how waxy tapioca starch can improve your products!